Several Nebraska 4-H'ers placed during the 2014 National 4-H Shooting Sports Invitational Match in Grand Island.The invitational drew 553 4-H youth, ages 14-18, from 34 states competing in one of the nine disciplines offered.
The 27 events in the nine discipline areas include: small bore rifle, small bore pistol, muzzleloading, shotgun, air pistol, air rifle, hunting skills, recurve archery and compound archery.
Event, Nebraska 4-H'er, hometowns and placing include:
• Air Pistol Individual: Emma Badgley of Oconto, 10th overall.
• Air Pistol Team, fifth overall. Team members: Badgley; Kate Hansel, Callaway; Kaitlin Panowicz, Ravenna; Cody Rumbaugh, Plymouth.
• Air Rifle Individual: Haylee Schoenrock, Cortland, second overall. Melissa Jech, Rushville, fifth overall. Madie Snyder, Kimball, ninth overall.
• Air Rifle Team, second overall: Schoenrock, Jech, Snyder and Thomas Henning, Tekamah.
• Compound Archery: Zak Harper of Broken Bow, ninth overall
• Compound Archery Team, fourth overall. Team members: Brian Boese, Dixon; Zak Harper, Broken Bow; Zach Noonan, Schuyler; Josh Pflasterer, Schuyler.
More than 100 volunteers from Nebraska and other states help conduct the events.
The National Invitational was June 24-29 at the Heartland Public Shooting Park and Heartland Events Center. For more information, visit the website at http://4h.unl.edu/ntlshootingsportsinvitational.