“Create A Canvass” classes at the Prairie Arts Center continue to be well attended and appeal to all ages, from the young to the more experienced, arts center spokesman Gene Gilsdorf said.
A finished work of art is completed in the class time under the instruction of experienced artists. Various themes and the art media are used.
Registration is required and some classes need a minimum number of new artists.
To register, call or text Danielle Nichols 520-2274 or e-mail email@example.com. If you register and your plans change and you will not attend, please call and let us know as soon as possible.
All classes are held at the Prairie Arts Center.
• Tuesday, April 22, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. The instructor is Patsy Smith. The theme is Landscape, acrylic. This is for seniors age 55 and up. A light lunch, refreshments and drink swill be served.
• Thursday, April 24, 7-9 p.m. The instructor is Sue Condon. The theme is Tulips. The media is acrylic. This class is for adults. It is full, but call Sue Condon to be put on the waiting list at 539-0458.
The fee for these classes is $35 for members of CUAC and $40 for non-members.
In May, art camps will be held for elementary students.
• Tuesdays, May 20 & 27, 9 a.m.-noon, for grades 1, 2, and 3. The instructor is Kathy Dragoo Wiede. The class will work on tie dye tee-shirts and clay animals. Class size will be limited to 12-15.
• Thursdays, May 22 & 29, 9 a.m.-noon for grades 4, 5, and 6. The instructor Kathy Dragoo Wiede. Students will work on tie die tee-shirts and clay animals. The class size is 15-20.
For the art camps, students need to bring a colored tee-shirt. It doesn't need to be new and it can have printing on it. Dark colors work best. All other supplies are furnished, along with snacks and drinks.
The fee is $35 for an art camp. There is a discount for the second and additional siblings.
• Thursday, May 22, 7-9 p.m. Adult evening "Create A Canvas" class. Sue Condon is the instructor. The theme is "Java Juice.” The media is acrylic. All supplies furnished and complimentary wine, cheese and crackers will be served. This class is full, but call Sue Condon at 539-0458 to be on the waiting list.
Also, a Creativity Class for Seniors is coming. The instructor is Patsy Smith. The time and date will be announced.
For updates: see PrairieArtsCenter.org or search for the facebook page.