Tribute to ABBA by the North Platte Concert association.
A rundown of entertainment in North Platte and Lincoln County.Movies at the Platte River Mall include: “Need for Speed,” “300: Rise of an Empire,” “Mr. Peabody and Sherman,” “Non-Stop,” “Son of God,” and “The Lego Movie.” Schedule subject to change, see www.carmike.com.
Thursday, March 13
• Lincoln County Historical Museum – presentation and viewing of Buffalo Bill artifacts. Light refreshments. 5-7 p.m. No charge.
Friday, March 14
• A to Z Books – Open Mic Nite, 7-10 p.m. Performances by veterans and newcomers. The theme is seafaring. North Platte writer Rachael Wardyn will present her book, The Black Robin of Ferryn, a swashbuckling seafaring adventure & the Flatrock Irregulars will perform, each for about 20 minutes around 8-8:30 p.m. Other performers too. Freewill donation.
• North Platte Public Library - Discussion on candy of 1940 and the Canteen cookbook, by Cecilia Lawrence. Noon. No charge. Part of the Brown Bag luncheon series and celebration of the best-selling book, Once Upon a Town.
• North Platte Recreation Center - Teen dance. 8 p.m.
Saturday, March 15
• North Platte Downtown - St. Patrick's Day Parade on the bricks. 10 a.m.
• Espresso Shoppe (419 N. Dewey) - Live music by the Flatrock Irregulars and food. Corned beef sandwich with cole slaw. 11 a.m.
• Lincoln County Fairgrounds Ag Building - Soup cook off/fundraiser for the Koubek family. Silent and live auction. 5-8 p.m.
• Holiday Inn Express (300 Holiday Frontage Rd.) - MPCC Rodeo Scholarship Banquet. Meet the college rodeo team. Dinner, live and silent auction, music and dance by Rascal. 5:30 p.m. $40.
• D & N Event Center (501 E. Walker Rd.) - MCF9 St. Patty's Beatdown. Midwest Championship Fighting. 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 16
• North Platte Public Library - Discussion on the candy of 1940 and the Canteen cookbook by Library Director Cecilia Lawrence. 2 p.m. No charge.
Monday, March 17
• North Platte Elks Lodge (502 Easy St.) - Corned beef lunch. Veterans eat free. $5 donation per person for the public. 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Lincoln County Historical Museum (2403 N. Buffalo Bill Ave.) - St. Patrick's Day traditional meal. Corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. $10 Raffle, $2 per ticket. 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Tuesday, March 18
• Neville Center (Fox Theater, 5th & Bailey) - Tribute to ABBA by the North Platte Concert association. 7:30 p.m. Admission is by annual membership, $50 for adults through Pat Hoban, (308) 534-4699.
Wednesday, March 19
• Senior Center (901 E. 10th) - Dance to live music by Ray Mullen. 7-10 p.m. $4 admission. Bring finger food.
Friday, March 21
• North Platte Area Children's Museum (314 N. Jeffers) - Family Fun Day. Half price admission, bake sales, door prizes. Sign up for a membership and receive a chance to win a gift basket. 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
• North Platte Public Library - Discussion about WWII uniforms by museum director Jim Griffin. Noon. No charge. A Brown Bag luncheon presentation.
Saturday, March 22
• A to Z Books – Open Mic Nite, 7-10 p.m. Performances by veterans and newcomers alike. Refreshments. Freewill donation.
• Cody Park (North Hwy. 83) - North Platte High School Student Council presents Light Up the Night 5K. 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 23
• North Platte High School Performing Arts Center (1220 W. 2nd) – The Sandhills Symphony presents “Beautiful Nebraska.” 3 p.m. No charge.
Wednesday, March 26
• Senior Center - Dance to live music by Doug Powers. 7-10 p.m. $4 admission. Bring finger food.
Friday, March 28
• Sculley’s Shooters (2221 E. Fourth) – Live music featuring The D.J. Bridwell Band. Starts at 9 p.m. Cover charge.
Sunday, March 30
• North Platte High School Performing Arts Center (1220 W. 2nd) – Music from Coast to Coast with the Heartland Singers, a 70-voice choral. 3 p.m. Freewill donation.
Tuesday, April 1
• Neville Center (301 E. 5th) - Town Hall Lecture Series featuring Flags of Our Fathers author James Bradley. 10:30 a.m. Admission by season tickets, $60 for four lectures, available at the door.
Saturday, April 5
• Neville Center (301 E. 5th) - The musical Annie by the North Platte Community Theater opens. 8 p.m. Tickets: $15 adults; $8 children and students.
• Iron Horse Park (I-80 and Hwy. 83) - CASA Super-Hero 5K. Registration begin at 8 a.m. Family Fun Run 1 mile 8:45 a.m. 5K starts at 9 a.m.
Thursday, April 10
• McDonald Belton Theater/Mid-Plains Community College - Film screening of Emery Blagdon and His Healing Machines, a public television documentary about the renowned, quirky rural Stapleton inventor and artist. Reception 6:30 p.m. RSVP by April 3 at netNebraska.org/event.
To list an event with this rundown or make a correction, post a talkback, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 696-0052, drop a note at the Bulletin office or send a message to The North Platte Bulletin on Facebook.