Four North Platte relay teams and eight individuals finished in the top two Friday at the McCook triangular. North Platte took first place in the boys 200-yard freestyle relay, where Ethan Darling, Lance Oltmanns, Johnny Guethlein and Landon Jahnke swam to a time of 1:42.95.
North Platte’s girls and boys 200 yard freestyle relay teams both finished second.
In individual competition, Landon Jahnke swam to first place in the 100 yard freestyle in a time of 55.54, two seconds ahead of Zacharian Puckett of Scottsbluff.
Johnna Gifford picked up a first place in the girls 50 yard freestyle, finishing in 29.65, nearly a second ahead of teammate Morgan Hansen who finished with at time of 30.52.
Syble Heffernan took first in the 200 yard intermediate race. Heffernan finished in 2:25.39, more than 3.3 seconds ahead of runner up Cierra Weatherfield of Scottsbluff.
Team total scores were not kept.
North Platte second place finishers:
• Syble Heffernan, 100 yard backstroke, 1:06.69.
• Ethan Darling, 100 yard backstroke, 1:08.72
• Troy Hlavaty, 100 yard breaststroke, 1:24.9
• Johnna Gifford, 100 yard freestyle, 1:03.61
• Tanner Malmker, 1 meter diving, 182.05 points.
• Landon Jahnke, 50-yard freestyle, 24.87.
• Hansen, 50-yard freestyle, 30.52.