The landlord/tenant cash lease workshop offered Wednesday, Dec. 11 will help landlords and tenants put together a lease that is right for them and help maintain positive farm leasing relations.
The workshop will be 6:30-9:30 p.m. CDT at the West Central Research & Extension Center in North Platte.
Topics for discussion include:
• Latest information about land values and cash rental rates for the area and state;
• Expectations from the lease, including goal setting for the rental property;
• Lease termination, including terminating handshake or verbal leases;
• Lease communication, determining appropriate information sharing for both the tenant and landlord;
• Alternative cash lease arrangements, flexible provision considerations for your situation; and
• Other topics, like irrigation systems, hay rent, pasture rental agreements, and grain bin rental will be covered as time allows.
The UNL Extension Educator team of Allan Vyhnalek, Jessica Johnson, Monte Vandeveer, Robert Tigner, and Tim Lemmons will present on these topics and provide common sense tips during the presentation. It is very helpful if both the tenant and landlord can attend together.
It is also helpful if the spouse attends. Everyone is welcome to the workshop, Extension Educator Randy Saner said.
This free workshop is sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board and the North Central Risk Management Agency. Refreshments and handouts are provided.
Registration is requested by calling the host county of the workshop. Register by three days prior to the workshop you would like to attend to ensure that there are enough handouts and refreshments.
This workshop has been held extensively across Nebraska for two years with more than 2,200 attending. The vast majority of both landlords and tenants find the workshop to be very helpful in improving communications, setting rental terms and learning about the use of flex lease provisions.
As crop budgets are tighten, it is even more important to attend and listen to the latest discussion about leasing issues.
Registrations are requested by Monday, Dec. 9 to insure adequate supplies for the participants. To register, contact the Lincoln-Logan-McPherson Extension County Office at 1-800-200-1381 or 308-532-2683.
For more information or assistance, contact Allan Vyhnalek, extension educator, UNL Extension, Platte County, at 402-563-4901, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.