Full Site View
Quick Links
  My Bulletin
  Contact The Bulletin

Groene at the Legislature: Teacher absences, substitutes

Mail: Southern statues symbolize suppression

More opinion

Ag News

Senate: Vote no on Graham-Cassidy health care plan

Fall: Good time to spray musk thistle in rosette stage

More Ag News

NorthPlatte Weather

Email Article | Print Article
News - Local News
County court report: Young man can't stay awayTell North Platte what you think
Courtesy Photo­Image
Dylan M. Aufdengarten

Dylan Aufdengarten of North Platte can’t seem to abide by protection orders.

Aufdengarten, 26, just got out of jail Tuesday after doing time for violating a protection order when he sent a woman a message on Facebook.

Then, he went inside the wrong house.

Aufdengarten is now in county jail, charged with violating two protection orders as well as stalking.

Around 10 p.m. Tuesday, a 29-year-old woman told North Platte police that Aufdengarten sent her a message on Facebook, violating that protection order.

Police found Aufdengarten in the 2400 block of West 14th. But, he was not supposed to be there either. The homeowner had another protection order against him.

He was arrested. At the jail, detention workers noted that Aufdengarten was released earlier that day from after serving a 10-day sentence for violating a protection order. Because of that, he was charged with stalking the woman, which is also a felony.

Aufdengarten is now in jail on a $25,000 bond.


Lady protests loudly

In other county court action, Taylor R. Shore, 20, of North Platte, protested loudly as she was cuffed and taken to jail.

Shore showed up late for court for a preliminary hearing for possession of amphetamine with intent to deliver. The hearing was scheduled for 1:30 p.m.

Lincoln County Judge Kent Turnbull gave Taylor five more minutes to show up. She could not be reached by phone. A family member tried her workplace, but she had not shown up there either.

Turnbull extended his patience a bit longer. He called a short recess of 5-10 minutes but still no Shore, so Turnbull ordered a warrant for her arrest.

At nearly 2 p.m. Shore and a male companion arrived. Turnbull told her that if she didn’t have a $1,000 cash, 10% 0f her $10,000 bond, she was going to the jail right then.

Turnbull instructed the courtroom deputy to arrest her. She became emotional, crying and yelling and pulling away from the deputy. She was cuffed continued to protest loudly as she was led into the hallway, and she continued to yell all the way to the jail across the street.

After Shore left the courtroom, the man with her made some snide comments and swore. Turnbull ordered him to leave before he got into his own trouble with contempt of court.


Matthew J. Clinton, 19, of North Platte, allegedly used a company credit card to buy a lot of gas, earning him several charges of petty theft as was a felony burglary charge.

Police said Clinton used a debit or credit card belonging to his employer, Twin River Environmental Testing, without permission.

On Thursday at 8:24 a.m., an officer arrested Clinton when he came to get his paycheck at Twin Rivers Testing, 602 E. Walker Rd.

Clinton’s boss said he stopped showing up for work on Sept. 13 and he was fired three days later.

The company noticed several unauthorized charges in August, as well as after he was fired in September, on a gas card that he had, a police spokesman said. The card was used to buy gas at Love's, a Kwik Stop and two Time Savers, as well as the company pump on Walker Road, according to the citations.

The company cancelled the card, but Clinton apparently used a key to the office to steal another card around 4 a.m. Thursday. He charged something else on the card, then came into the company to pick up his last paycheck. Employees held him and called the cops, according to the police report.

In court, Clinton was assigned to the public defender’s office and bond was set at $25,000.


Robert G. Cheever II, 44, of North Platte, was arraigned on charges of domestic assault - second offense, and two counts of disturbing the peace.

Deputy Lincoln County Attorney Jennifer Wellan asked for a high bond because Cheever’s has prior convictions, and this time the victim was injured and bruised. Turnbull agreed and set bond at $25,000.

During arraignment, Cheever said that he thought the assault charge would be a misdemeanor.

Turnbull set that straight.

“Second offense is always a felony,” Turnbull said, “and besides that, you actually have three prior convictions, so this makes it your fourth offense, so that was a factor.”


In county court Thursday:

Cord Boland, of North Platte, was convicted of carrying a concealed weapon and fined $100 and court costs of $48.

Boland pled no contest to the charge. He was stopped in June for a traffic violation.

On June 27 Cord was stopped by a Nebraska State Trooper for a traffic violation. A state trooper saw a rifle in the back window of he truck and asked him if there were any other weapons in the vehicle.

Boland told the trooper there was a pistol in the armrest console.

The handgun was not in plain sight, so he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

Boland told Lincoln County Judge Kent Turnbull that he wasn’t intentionally trying to hide the gun but wanted to keep it out of the sun and out of sight of people walking by when the truck was parked. Turnbull agreed that Boland didn’t deliberately try to hide the gun from law enforcement and cooperated with the officer, so the relatively small fine and costs were proper.


Taylor Trembly had three charges of drug possession bound over to district court and two other county court charges were continued until Dec. 19.

Trembly faces three counts of felony possession of a controlled substance in district court. In county court, he is charged with resisting arrest and driving under suspension with fictitious license plates.

Jeremy B. Torres, 27, of North Platte pled guilty to shoplifting and was sentenced to three days with three days credit. Torres was arrested on July 28 for taking a car stereo from Wal-Mart.

Randall Leeper, 22, of North Platte, kicked up such a fuss in the video arraignment room of the jail that he was personally escorted to the courtroom.

He was first arrested Sept. 10 at Great Plains Regional Medical Center after he threatened staff, punched walls and yelled, according to witnesses.

He was cited for disturbing the peace and taken to the jail. He immediately paid 10% of a 2,500 bond and was released. But, he was picked up again because he failed to appear for arraignment on the charge.

In the video arraignment room Wednesday at the jail, Leeper protested so loudly that Lincoln County Judge Kent Turnbull could not communicate with him.

Leeper still had a bit of an attitude when he was brought into Turnbull’s court room Tuesday, but Turnbull quieted him.

After a couple of sarcastic answers and laughs from Leeper, Turnbull told him, “The county attorney is trying to make you a deal that will get you out of jail today. There won’t be any more disrespectful laughing or impolite answers or I will continue this and you will sit in jail.”

Leeper apologized. He also apologized to Turnbull for his behavior during video Wednesday.

“It’s OK, I figured you were having difficulty because you were under the influence of something,” Turnbull said.

Leeper was sentenced to time served -- two days -- plus court costs of $48. The charge of failure to appear was dropped.


Like this story to send to your facebook

The North Platte Bulletin - Published 9/27/2013
Copyright © 2013 northplattebulletin.com - All rights reserved.
Flatrock Publishing, Inc. - 1300 E 4th St., Suite F - North Platte, NE 69101
Show me Talk Back during this visit