A special concert will be held July 4 at the Fort Cody Trading Post with Cece Otto.
Otto is traveling across the country on the Lincoln Highway for the 100th anniversary celebration of the highway and performing period music along the way, organizer Rob Martinson II said.
Opening for her will be Seth Fornander, a North Platte native who is studying at Hastings College. No stranger to musical performance, Fornander has been in many theater productions at North Platte High School and the North Platte Community Playhouse. He is a hometown favorite.
• July 11 - Doug Rees from Missouri will perform. Local opener - Brad Godfrey.
• July 18 - Daniel Christian, an award-winning Nebraska singer-songwriter will perform. Local opener - Erin Wright.
• July 25 - Jefferson Fox, who performed during the Fort Cody Summer Music Series' inaugural year. Local opener - hip-hop R&B artist Sonie Kuhlman.
• Aug. 1 -- Folk and bluegrass music starting with a gypsy jazz quartet from North Platte, Blue Swing. Blue Swing performs regularly in North Platte and has developed a large following of fans. The headline is The Littlest Birds, a banjo/cello duo from the Eastern Sierra Mountains of California. This summer they are touring the western U.S. and Canada performing at many well-known festivals. We are honored that they would make a stop in North Platte to play this summer. Their music can be found at http://www.littlestbirds.net/.
• Aug. 8 -- Christian rock band Word of Mouth. Local openers - PorterHouse.
The Fort Cody Summer Music Series is held on Thursday nights. Concerts start with the opening act at 6 p.m. and the headline act takes the stage at 7 p.m. Food is available for sale on site as well as pop, water, beer, and wine.
The cost for the concerts is $5 per adult. Kids 12 and under get in free.