Lion King by Sue Taylor Perez
Sue Taylor Perez's artwork Lion King is the best of the abstract art show in June downtown at the Art and Gift Gallery. The show contains a variety of abstract art in different mediums, including paintings, 3-D, glass and photography. The show departs on Saturday, June 29.
• Best of Show: "Lion King", color pencil by Sue Taylor Perez
• 1st place 2-D: "Shrinking Iris", acrylic by Sharon Skinner
• 1st place 3-D: "Whirlpool of Color", glass by Betty Carlson
• 1st place Photography: "Rustic Abstraction" by Kelly Daily
• 2nd place 2-D: "My Brain Tumor", watercolor on yupo by Sandra Meyer
• 2nd place 3-D: "The Daily Way", acrylic by Sue Taylor Perez
• 2nd place Photography: "Neon Dandelion" by Jim Case
• 3rd place 2-D: "The Dark of Night", acrylic by Sue Condon
• 3rd place 3-D: "Under the Sea", glass by Betty Carlson
• "Hawaiian Sunset", watercolor by Judy Roberts
• "Inferno", acrylic by Nora Wood
• "Gears of Time", color pencil by Sue Taylor Perez
• "Footprints", watercolor by Sandra Meyer
• "Purple Moon, watercolor by Sandra Meyer
• "Cubic David", acrylic by Michelle Fletcher
• "Dark Forest", acrylic 2-D by Sharon Skinner
• "Abyss", watercolor by Kate Barr
• Special Mention Youth: "Dark Passage", pencil by Trevor Alexander (Age 13 years)
The Art and Gift gallery is calling for entries for a landscape theme show for the month of July.
It is an open to the public show, so dig out your landscape paintings and photographs to put on display.
Entry fees are $3 per entry and are due now until July 6. Please use wire to hang as saw tooth hangers do not hold well on the gallery's pegboard hooks.
The landscapes will be on display until the entire month of July.
The gallery is open from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. We are located downtown, on the bricks, at 516 N. Dewey.