Full Site View
Quick Links
  My Bulletin
  Contact The Bulletin

Groene at the Legislature: State wages are budget factor

Mail: Annual Independence Day tax rally set in Omaha

More opinion

Ag News

Drought conditions extend into Nebraska

Range judging contest to be held July 6 at Stapleton’s Diamond Bar Ranch

More Ag News

NorthPlatte Weather

Email Article | Print Article
News - Local News
Police: Responsibly enjoy Nebraskaland Days drink Tell North Platte what you think

The North Platte police department reminds everyone of some simple steps they can take to safely enjoy all Nebraskaland Days events.

"Whether driving to or from an event or attending one, please drink responsibly," Police Information Officer Rodney Brown said. The consumption of alcohol, drugs and driving just don’t mix."

The police offer a few suggestions:

• You must be 21 years of age or older to legally consume alcohol and law officers will be strictly enforcing this law.

• No outside alcohol is permitted at the Wild West Arena.

• Before drinking, please designate a sober driver and give that person your keys

• Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin.

• Stay hydrated. Alcohol dehydrates and draws vitamins and minerals out of your body. Drink plenty of water.

• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact law enforcement via 911.

And remember, if you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.

Driving a vehicle while impaired is not worth the risk of being arrested or harming yourself or others, Brown said.

"Whether you’ve had way too many or just one too many, it’s not worth the risk," he said.

Like this story to send to your facebook

The North Platte Bulletin - Published 6/12/2013
Copyright © 2013 northplattebulletin.com - All rights reserved.
Flatrock Publishing, Inc. - 1300 E 4th St., Suite F - North Platte, NE 69101
Hide Talk Back
Login to post Talk Back

Click on the cop Report Talk Back Abuse to report Talk Back abuse and misuse