Photo by Denise Sullivan, NPCC News Bureau
Mindy Hope, at right, of Mid-Plains Community College presents Kendall Fassler and Brandon Groseth with scholarships.
Two Maxwell students took top honors at the North Platte Community College Technical Fair on May 2-3.
Students from Maxwell, Thedford and Stapleton high schools entered 22 technical pieces in the competition.
The fair was held at the north campus of the college.
Awards were presented during a ceremony at the close of the Tech Fair on Friday.
Mindy Hope, Mid-Plains Community College Area Recruiter, presents
Maxwell students Kendall Fassler and Brandon Groseth each received $500 scholarships to the college.
Groseth earned the best of show award for a gun cabinet he made, and Fassler won two awards for his grandfather clock.
The winning awards:
Small Woodworking and Building Construction
1. – Dallas Smyth, chess board, Maxwell
2. – Bryson Keller, banjo, Maxwell
3. – Josh Meyers, spice rack, Maxwell
Medium Woodworking and Building Construction
1. – Hunter Schleicher, coffee table, Maxwell
2. – Lucas Sommer, cedar chest w/oak, Maxwell
3. – Jacob Whisenhunt, writing desk, Maxwell
Large Woodworking and Building Construction
1. – Brandon Groseth, gun cabinet, Maxwell
2. – Levi Peterson, gun cabinet, Stapleton
3. – Wyatt Strickland, queen bed frame, Maxwell
1. – Jared Cox and T.J. Jefferson, rail cart, Maxwell
2. – Tyler Calvin, L-shaped bar, Maxwell
3. – Jeremiah Keith, wishing well, Maxwell
Best of Show
Brandon Groseth, gun cabinet, Maxwell
People’s Choice Award -- Kendall Fassler, grandfather clock, Maxwell
Gary Garrison Award (formerly Past Director’s Award) -- Kendall Fassler, grandfather clock, Maxwell