Great Plains Health Care Foundation will host a recognition event for donors called, “Healthcare Heroes” at the Golden Spike Tower on Thursday, April 11.
Attendees will include donors who made a contribution to the foundation of $2,000 or more in 2012. The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a presentation at 6:15 p.m.
The Great Plains Health Care Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that partners with many generous donors who join them in raising private funds to support the continued advancement of local healthcare in the areas of patient care, technology, service, education and quality.
“We are very grateful to the many donors who support the Foundation’s mission to enhance the quality and availability of healthcare services for the patients and communities served by Great Plains Regional Medical Center,” said Libby Lashley, director of Great Plains Health Care Foundation.
Since its inception in 1992, the Foundation has raised nearly $9.3 million and contributed to many projects including:
• Development of the cardiovascular service line at Great Plains.
• Equipment and services at the Callahan Cancer Center.
• New technology for the advancement of local stroke and epilepsy services.
• Development of a patient assistance fund.
• Support programs for hospice and cancer care.
• Sleep monitoring equipment.
• Supplies and calendars for the local Cancer Survivor’s Painting Group.
• Ongoing education assistance for medical professionals.
The foundation is currently fundraising for the development of a healing garden that will be located west of the new hospital entrance when it opens in summer 2015, as well as a state-of-the-art linear accelerator for advancements in local radiation oncology services.
“The generosity of those who have given to the foundation not only makes an impact on the community, but also touches the lives of individuals and families,” Lashley said. “Without our donors, many of the improvements and additions at Great Plains Regional Medical Center would not have been possible.”
For more information about the foundation, including ways to give, please contact Libby Lashley, foundation director, at 308-696-7411.