Reminiscence by Sue Perez
First Thursday downtown at the art and gift gallery will be a reception for the Platter Painters Show as well as the Art Guild Spring Show.The public is invited to come meet the artists, see their latest work and enjoy refreshments from 5-8 p.m. at 516 N. Dewey.
In the North Platte Spring Show, the best of show was 'Reminiscence,' a painting by Sue Perez.
Merit awards went to:
• 'Wild Horses' by Sue Perez
• 'Birds and House' by Virginia Clark
• 'Sanctuary' by DeDe Hill
• 'Taos Pueblo, NM' by Mary Hasenauer
• 'Inner Goddess' by Sandra Meyer
• 'Green Cabbage' by Mary Hasenauer
• 'General Store' by Paul Jeske
• 'Yellow Bird' by Virginia Clark
• 'Gumball Machine' Sandra Meyer
Cinda's merchandise award went to Sue Perez for 'Reminiscence.'
Joe Odegard's merchandise award went to Mary Hasenauer for 'Taos Pueblo.'
Honorable Mentions went to:
• 'Sweet Peas & Cherry Bells' by Nora Wood
• 'Two of a Kind' by Sue Perez
• 'My Brain Tumor' by Sandra Meyer
• 'Vertical Duck/coral reflection' by Mary Tanner
• 'Piano Man' by Sandra Meyer
• 'Lion King' by Sue Perez
• 'Northern CA City Street' by Mary Hasenauer
• 'Pastel watercolor' by Kathy Wiede
• 'Bull vs Train' by Judy Roberts
• 'Turtles' by Virginia Clark
The spring show will be on display during April. The gallery is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.