Recent drought conditions have increased the importance of corn stalk grazing and baling. A University of Nebraska short course will be offered March 12-13 in North Platte on the topics
The short course will be held at the West Central Research and Extension Center. it will focus on crop or beef production together and treat them as equally important parts of the same business enterprise.
· 2013 Weather Forecast
· Economics of Grazing and Baling
· Cattle Performance and Supplementation
· Stocking Rate Considerations
· Drought and Forage Production
· Grazing and Baling Effects on Soil Properties
· Water Resources and Management
The course will be held in North Platte March 12-13 with an optional field day at the UNL West Central Water Laboratory near Brule on March 21.
The fee is $150 for the first person, $50 for each additional person and includes educational materials and meals.
The deadline for sign-up March 8.
For more information or to register, contact Tim Shaver by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 308-696-6714.