From left: Kim Keeling (UPRR Manager, Hazardous Materials), Gene Tacey, Jessie Allen, Dallis Dye, Dan Mauk, Bryan Robinson (UPRR Environmental Field Operations). Not pictured: Dennis Thompson.
Five community members were recognized for three years of service on the LincUP Community Advisory Panel Nov. 25 at a meeting at North Platte Community College.
LincUP stands for Lincoln County - UPRR Community Advisory Panel. It is a volunteer panel of community members and railroad representatives.
The panel meets monthly to discuss health, safety and environmental issues involving the railroad.
Members share concerns from community groups they represent and take information back to the larger community.
• Dallis Dye (Cohagen Transfer and Storage) representing transportation
• Dan Mauk (North Platte Area Chamber and DEVCO) representing business
• Jessie Allen (North Platte Community College) representing the college
• Gene Tacey (retired NPPD) representing villages
• Dennis Thompson (North Platte Fire Department) representing emergency personnel
Community members interested in learning more about LincUP or how they can serve on this panel are encouraged to contact Lorre McKeone, LincUP Facilitator, at 308-532-7246.