I would first like to publicly thank Mayor Mark Kaschke and the City Council for giving us the opportunity to improve the operations of Iron Eagle Golf Course. Their forward thinking will pay dividends for the citizens of North Platte in an improved product and lower tax payer subsidies to the course.Since our arrival in North Platte, we have accomplished quite a few things. We have hired a great management team in Bob VanderZee (Head Golf Professional) and Chip Carr (Course Superintendent).
The entire team at Iron Eagle has worked hard to create a great golf experience. We know things are not perfect, but we truly believe that we are on the right track and that the citizens will be proud of their golf course.
Here are just a few of the many other things we have accomplished:
• Completed 2013 Business Plan and 2013 Budget
• Implemented new website (www.ironeaglegolf.com)
• Along with the MGA, hosted Annual Iron Eagle Classic
• Hosted Informal “Meet and Greet” reception
• Developed better turf-grass cultural programs
• Set up a program to address bunker edging, tree trimming, litter and debris removal
• Made many repairs and significant improvements to the irrigation system
• Set up staff training and development programs and implemented cash/inventory controls
Finally, we are asking for the public’s support at Iron Eagle. We promise to provide warm hospitality, programming for all skill levels and a well maintained course for your enjoyment. Again, we thank Mayor Kaschke and the City Council for having the confidence in Landscapes Golf Group.
By Tom Everett, VP of Operations, Landscapes Golf Group