The upcoming 4S Goat Expo offers an educational seminar, show and sale on Oct. 6-7 in North Platte, organizer Randy Saner said Monday. The speakers and topics are:
1. What is the Value of a Good Buck – Kenneth Andries, Animal Science Specialist, Kentucky State University Cooperative Extension.
2. Nutritional Needs, Requirements and Physiology of the Ruminant Meat Goat - Ivan Rush, PhD University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Beef Cattle Specialist Emeritus and President Western Nebraska Sheep & Goat Producers Association.
3. By-Product Feeds and Using Computer Tools to Reduce Your Feed Costs - Randy Saner, Extension Educator, Lincoln, Logan and McPherson Counties, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
4. What Can I Plant to Have Forage Available in the Fall and Spring Before the Grass Greens up - Doug Anderson, Extension Educator, Keith, Arthur and Perkins Counties, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
5. Co-Grazing and Drought Management Strategies for Goats – Kenneth Andries
Goats will check in Saturday from 8-11 a.m., with the seminar starting at 1 p.m. The show will start Sunday at 9 a.m. and the sale is at 1 p.m.
The program will be held at the Lincoln County Fair Grounds located at 5015 W. Highway 30 in North Platte.
The goats that will be sold will be similar to the one pictured, Saner said.